Home > error 14001 > 14001 error side-by-side

14001 Error Side-by-side

Contents

platform. This blog is about technical tips and experiences about Software Architecture and Microsoft development technologies. ‘The

Error 14001 Side By Side Configuration

application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect’ error error 14001 side-by-side configuration is incorrect related to MMC.EXE programs and weird cause & simple solution ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ Cesar de la Torre [MSFT]March 27, 201122 0 error 14001 side-by-side configuration is incorrect sql 0 0 I publish this error as its cause was really weird: I was getting an error when trying to start any Management Console related program (mmc.exe based admin

Error 14001 Side-by-side Configuration Is Incorrect Windows Service

tool), like Certificates, Event Viewer, etc. The error was: “The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail” Something like the following Message-box, but showing the specific path file I was trying to execute (and always based on the MMC.EXE). But because

Error Code 14001 Side-by-side

of I couldn’t open the Event Viewer, I couldn’t see its related error… I searched in the internet for similar errors, and that error is very common when you don’t have the right Visual C++ Redistributable Package (x86 or x64), etc. I installed all 2008 & 2010 versions of the Visual C++ Redistributable Package, but I still was getting the same error… Then I tried using the sxstrace.exe tool. For running sxstrace.exe, go to Visual Studio command prompt and type sxstrace.exe. Usage is as follows: Before running your application, run sxstrace in trace mode: sxstrace.exe Trace -logfile:C:\MySxSTrace.log Reproduce the error by starting your application Now stop the trace by using the below command sxstrace.exe Parse -logfile:C:\MySxSTrace.log -outfile:C:\MySxSTrace.txt Open output file from C:\MySxSTrace.txt Then I could see the trace file, and at the end there was an error: INFO: Parsing Application Config File C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe.Config. ERROR: Line 0: XML Syntax error. ERROR: Activation Context generation failed. End Activation Context Generation. Mmmm, weird, it seems a problem regarding the XML configuration file for the mmc.exe…, but I didn’t touch that config-file, still&hell

here for a quick overview of the site Help Center Detailed answers to any questions you might have Meta Discuss the workings and policies of this site About Us Learn more about Stack Overflow the company Business Learn diablo 3 error 14001 more about hiring developers or posting ads with us Stack Overflow Questions Jobs Documentation Tags Users

Camstudio Error 14001

Badges Ask Question x Dismiss Join the Stack Overflow Community Stack Overflow is a community of 4.7 million programmers, just like you, helping error 14001 the application has failed to start each other. Join them; it only takes a minute: Sign up SideBySide Application Error up vote 0 down vote favorite 1 I've got an application that has been built with TideSDK. When trying to run the application on https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/cesardelatorre/2011/03/27/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect-error-related-to-mmc-exe-programs-and-weird-cause-simple-solution/ the machine that it was packaged with (runs Windows 8) the application works no problem. When I try to run this program on a Windows Vista machine that I've got, I get a "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail." error. Here's the event viewer information: Activation context generation failed for "C:\Users[blah blah blah]\Program.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT, processorArchitecture="x86", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3", type="win32", version="8.0.50727.4053" could http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16042116/sidebyside-application-error not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis. Some solutions say to update windows or reinstall visual c++ redist. Do these errors signify a needed windows update or visual c++ redist reinstallation? Thanks in advance! Vince windows visual-c++ tidesdk side-by-side share|improve this question asked Apr 16 '13 at 16:18 Mr. Meeseeks 1,45211229 Did you compile the SDK yourself prior to building your app or are you using the SDK download? For this it might be best to file an issue in our issue tracker for followup. github.com/TideSDK/TideSDK/issues –fairwinds Apr 16 '13 at 17:33 I should clarify. I d/l'd the TideSDK Developer msi file and used that program to import a project and package it. –Mr. Meeseeks Apr 16 '13 at 17:56 Just for giggles, have you tried installing visual c++ redistributes? –Steven Apr 17 '13 at 14:25 add a comment| 1 Answer 1 active oldest votes up vote 2 down vote accepted Hi The MSVC Redistibutable files are outdated in your system. You need to install "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1" Redistributables. they can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14431 share|improve this answer answered Apr 17 '13 at 15:32 Mital Vora 1,555917 add a comment| Your Answer draft saved draft discarded Sign up or log in Sign up using Google Sign up using Facebook Sign up using Email and Password

NSXVirtual SAN vCenterFusionWorkstationvExpertVMware {code} CloudCredSubmit a Link Home > VMTN > Workstation Pro > Discussions Please enter a title. You can not post a blank message. Please type your message and try again. 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2012 7:45 https://communities.vmware.com/thread/345369?start=0&tstart=0 AM by sturdyworks Error 14001: side-by-side configuration is incorrect sturdyworks Feb 2, 2012 4:47 PM I get the following error when attemting to start VMware Workstation 8.x (or any VMware service, application). I am running Vista Ultimate.Error 14001: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application error 14001 event log for more detail.I have had 3 CentOS 5.x clients running all month, but started to get this error after installing a CentOS 6.x client.The error might also be related to changes made inadvertantly to either vmnetdhcp.conf or vmnetdhcp.leases in the C:/ProgramData/VMware directory. I did revert these files back to version from yesterday, though, error 14001 side and still get same error. 6738Views Tags: none (add) networkContent tagged with network, vistaContent tagged with vista, linuxContent tagged with linux, workstation_8Content tagged with workstation_8 This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies 1. Re: Error 14001: side-by-side configuration is incorrect continuum Feb 3, 2012 5:13 AM (in response to sturdyworks) side-by-side errors are about missing files in the dll-hell in c:\windows\winsxsfinding this errors is a nightmare - do you know how to work with the tool sxstrace.exe ?first thing I would do is re-install the vcredist-runtimes Like Show 0 Likes (0) Actions 2. Re: Error 14001: side-by-side configuration is incorrect sturdyworks Feb 5, 2012 7:45 AM (in response to continuum) You are correct. I did find out the error started because of UNinstalling a visual C++ redistributable. Like Show 0 Likes (0) Actions Go to original post Actions Remove from profile Feature on your profile More Like This Retrieving data ... Share This Page Legend Correct Answers - 10 points

Related content

14001 error sql

Error Sql table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Error Code a li li a href The Application Has Failed To Start Because Its Side-by-side Configuration Is Incorrect a li ul td tr tbody table p from GoogleSign inHidden fieldsSearch for groups or messages p p is incorrect After the December windows updates I had issues with a few SQL instances for products like McAfee's EPO The services would not start up and the SQL relatedl patches would fail to install I received the following microsoft visual c sp redistributable package error

14001 error

Error table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Error Side By Side Configuration a li li a href Error Darkfall a li li a href Error Service a li ul td tr tbody table p from GoogleSign inHidden fieldsSearch for groups or messages p p NSXVirtual SAN vCenterFusionWorkstationvExpertVMware code CloudCredSubmit a Link Home VMTN Workstation Pro Discussions Please enter a title You can not post a blank message Please type your message and try again relatedl Replies Latest reply Feb error application has failed start AM by sturdyworks Error side-by-side configuration is

autorun error 14001

Autorun Error table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Error Side-by-side Configuration Is Incorrect a li li a href Error Windows Service a li li a href Error Code a li li a href Sxstrace exe Tool a li ul td tr tbody table p from GoogleSign inHidden fieldsSearch for groups or messages p p be down Please try the request again Your cache administrator is webmaster Generated Sat Oct GMT by s hv squid p p Translate Topic redhawk Members Profile Send Private Message Find Members Posts relatedl Add to Buddy

error 14001 sql server

Error Sql Server table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Error Side-by-side Configuration Is Incorrect Windows Service a li li a href Itunes Error Windows Error a li ul td tr tbody table p platform This blog relatedl is about technical tips and experiences about Software error side-by-side configuration is incorrect sql Architecture and Microsoft development technologies lsquo The application has failed to start diablo error because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect rsquo error related to MMC EXE programs and weird cause simple camstudio error solution x x x x x x

error 14001 diablo 3

Error Diablo table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Error Side-by-side Configuration Is Incorrect a li li a href Error The Application Has Failed To Start a li li a href Error Side-by-side Configuration Is Incorrect Sql a li ul td tr tbody table p Aus NZ General Discussion Console Discussion Clans and Communities New Player Help Community Creations CLASSES Barbarian Crusader Demon Hunter Monk Witch Doctor Wizard SUPPORT Blizzard Archive Bug relatedl Report Console Bug Report Technical Support Mac Technical Support GAMES camstudio error ENTERTAINMENT AND TECHNOLOGY Games Technology Movies Books

error 14001

Error table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Error The Application Has Failed To Start a li li a href Error Side-by-side Configuration Is Incorrect Windows Service a li ul td tr tbody table p NSXVirtual SAN vCenterFusionWorkstationvExpertVMware code CloudCredSubmit a Link Home VMTN Workstation Pro Discussions Please enter a title You can not post a blank message Please type your message and try again relatedl Replies Latest reply Feb error side-by-side configuration is incorrect AM by sturdyworks Error side-by-side configuration is incorrect sturdyworks Feb error side-by-side configuration is incorrect sql PM

error 14001 service

Error Service table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Error Starting Services a li li a href Error The Application Has Failed To Start a li li a href Audacity Error a li ul td tr tbody table p p p can not post a blank message Please type your message and try again Mattwastaken Level points Q Error Windows Error Neither iTunes relatedl nor QuickTime work My computer restarted one night due to error side-by-side configuration is incorrect sql some error and since then I get an Error Windows Error itunes

error 14001 al instalar audacity

Error Al Instalar Audacity p hilo por chema el Al instalar Audacity tanto la versi n actual como la anterior parece que lo hace bien Pero al abrir el programa sale el siguiente error Imposible ejecutar el relatedl archivo C Archivos de programa Audacity audacity exe CreateProcess fall c digo No se pudo iniciar la aplicaci n porque su configuraci n es incorrecta Reinstalar la aplicaci n puede solucionar el problema Es Windows XP SP original A alguien m s le ocurre Sab is c mo arreglaro Gracias Un saludo por Alvarez l el Hola chema una de las posibles

error 14001 itunes

Error Itunes table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Windows Error Itunes a li li a href Itunes Download a li li a href Diablo Error a li li a href Camstudio Error a li ul td tr tbody table p can not post a blank message Please type your message and try again runnchrisrun Level points Q Itunes Error Windows error I've been getting this error for about three weeks now It just happened out of the blue relatedl at the same time that a bunch of other programs started giving

error 14001 windows service

Error Windows Service table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Itunes Error Windows Error a li li a href Error Code Windows Xp a li li a href Error Starting Services a li ul td tr tbody table p von GoogleAnmeldenAusgeblendete FelderNach Gruppen oder Nachrichten suchen p p Home Other VersionsLibraryForumsGallery Ask a question Quick access Forums home Browse forums users FAQ Search related threads Remove From relatedl My Forums Asked by Problems starting services in camstudio error Windows SBS server Windows Server Windows Server General error the application has failed to

error 14001 side by side configuration

Error Side By Side Configuration table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Error This Application Has Failed To Start a li li a href Diablo Error a li li a href Camstudio Error a li ul td tr tbody table p games PC games error side by side configuration service Windows games Windows phone games Entertainment All Entertainment error side by side configuration itunes Movies TV Music Business Education Business Students educators error application configuration is incorrect Developers Sale Sale Find a store Gift cards Products Software services Windows Office Free downloads

error 14001 sql server 2008

Error Sql Server table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Microsoft Visual C Service Pack Redistributable Package Mfc Security Update a li li a href Microsoft Visual C Sp Redistributable Package a li ul td tr tbody table p HomeLibraryWikiLearnGalleryDownloadsSupportForumsBlogs Ask relatedl a question Quick access Forums home error side-by-side configuration is incorrect Browse forums users FAQ Search related threads error side-by-side configuration is incorrect sql Remove From My Forums Answered by Server won't start Error error side-by-side configuration is incorrect windows service Event ID starting SQL server SideBySide configuration is incorrect

error 14001 windows 7

Error Windows table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Error Comcast a li li a href Error Side-by-side Configuration Is Incorrect Windows Service a li li a href Diablo Error a li ul td tr tbody table p by jameshanley yahoo co uk Jul Guest A msgbox comes up when trying to run an executable after installing an app and the msgbox relatedl says Error code - this application failed to error windows error itunes start because the application configuration is incorrect Reinstalling the application may fix the problem error windows error

error 7 windows error 14001

Error Windows Error table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Error Side-by-side Configuration Is Incorrect Windows Service a li li a href Error The Application Has Failed To Start a li li a href Error Side-by-side Configuration Is Incorrect Sql a li ul td tr tbody table p can not post a blank message Please type your message and try again runnchrisrun Level points Q Itunes Error Windows error I've been getting this error for about three weeks now It just happened out of the relatedl blue at the same time that

error number 14001

Error Number table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Camstudio Error a li li a href Error Side-by-side Configuration Is Incorrect Sql a li li a href Train Number a li ul td tr tbody table p this is your first visit be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above You may relatedl have to register before you can post click the diablo error register link above to proceed To start viewing messages select the forum that p h id Camstudio Error p you want to visit from

exchange error 14001

Exchange Error table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Diablo Error a li li a href Error Side-by-side Configuration Is Incorrect a li li a href Error Side-by-side Configuration Is Incorrect Windows Service a li li a href Audacity Error a li ul td tr tbody table p additional information relatedl might be available elsewhere Thank you for p h id Diablo Error p searching on this message your search helps us identify those areas camstudio error for which we need to provide more information Related Sites Exchange Server p h id