Home > error 5030 > 2005 error 5030

2005 Error 5030

Contents

(Русский)ישראל (עברית)المملكة العربية السعودية (العربية)ไทย (ไทย)대한민국 (한국어)中华人民共和国 (中文)台灣 (中文)日本 (日本語)  HomeLibraryLearnDownloadsTroubleshootingCommunityForums Ask a question Quick access Forums home Browse forums users FAQ Search related threads Remove From My Forums Answered by: Error: the database could not be exclusively locked to the database could not be exclusively locked to perform the operation error 5030 perform the operation in sql server 2008 ? SQL Server > microsoft sql server error 5030 collation Transact-SQL Question 0 Sign in to vote I am trying to rename the database but i am getting

Error 5030 Sql Server 2012

below exception while doing it--> Error: the database could not be exclusively locked to perform the operation.(Microsoft Sql Server,Error 5030) Thanks. Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:08 AM Reply | Quote

The Database Could Not Be Exclusively Locked To Perform The Operation Dbcc Checkdb

Answers 1 Sign in to vote Thats because someone else is accessing the database.. Put the database into single user mode the rename it. USE [master]; GO ALTER DATABASE foo SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE; GO EXEC sp_renamedb N'foo', N'bar'; vtPlease mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a the object is dependent on database collation solution quicker Proposed as answer by Andrew Bainbridge Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:15 AM Marked as answer by Maggy111 Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:22 AM Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:11 AM Reply | Quote All replies 1 Sign in to vote Thats because someone else is accessing the database.. Put the database into single user mode the rename it. USE [master]; GO ALTER DATABASE foo SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE; GO EXEC sp_renamedb N'foo', N'bar'; vtPlease mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker Proposed as answer by Andrew Bainbridge Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:15 AM Marked as answer by Maggy111 Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:22 AM Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:11 AM Reply | Quote 1 Sign in to vote Hi, Sounds like you have active connections to the database. You can verify this by running sp_who2, or through Activity Monitor and look for your database. You could set the database to single user, i.e: ALTER DATABASE mydb SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMED

much likely because you cannot change the collation of a database when it is in Multi_User mode. In this case, you should

Alter Database Failed. The Default Collation Of Database

try to run the following query. -- the following line sets the database unable to rename database in sql server 2012 to "Single User" mode ALTER DATABASE DBNAME SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE -- the following line sets the new the default collation of database cannot be set to sql_latin1_general_cp1_ci_as collation ALTER DATABASE DBNAME COLLATE COLLATIONNAME -- the following line sets the database back to "Multi User" mode ALTER DATABASE DBNAME SET MULTI_USER DBNAME: Database name COLLATIONNAME: New collation's name. E.g.: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/73311770-92a1-4ff8-b29b-0462f6053a17/error-the-database-could-not-be-exclusively-locked-to-perform-the-operation-in-sql-server-2008-?forum=transactsql Latin1_General_CI_AI Tags: know howsql server You may also like... 12 Using DataPager with Code-Behind Data Source Mon, 9 Jun 2008 by Coskun Sunali · Published Mon, 9 Jun 2008 · Last modified Fri, 16 May 2014 Bana makale yaz! Thu, 18 Jan 2007 by Coskun Sunali · Published Thu, 18 Jan 2007 · Last modified Fri, 24 Jan 2014 0 Some useful UpdatePanel http://sunali.com/2009/10/08/microsoft-sql-server-error-5030/ extensions Fri, 5 Dec 2008 by Coskun Sunali · Published Fri, 5 Dec 2008 · Last modified Thu, 18 Jun 2015 13 Responses Comments13 Pingbacks0 bamboo coverlet says: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 at 14:55 thanks for good content that work for change collation in database navid says: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 at 12:08 tanx very much Potenzmedizin Osterreich says: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 at 11:22 Vielen Dank. Fritz aus Wien. Leticia says: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 at 22:35 Worked properly, tks a lot! razi says: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 at 10:42 It solved my problem Thanks millions! Manos says: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 at 13:58 Worked for me too. Thank you very much! Spyros says: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 at 23:30 Thank you worked like a charm !!!!! +1 says: Sun, 1 May 2011 at 11:52 +1 suneeta says: Tue, 10 May 2011 at 19:29 thanq so much it wrk out for me v-najian_iran says: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 at 09:29 thnx alot Boby says: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 at 12:00 Thanks, it worked, you are amazing! ;-) Virag Desai says: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 at 08:19 T

SERVER - 2005 - Use ALTER DATABASE MODIFY NAME Instead of sp_renameDB to rename July 13, 2007Pinal DaveSQL, SQL http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2007/07/13/sql-server-2005-use-alter-database-modify-name-instead-of-sp_renamedb-to-rename/ Server, SQL Tips and Tricks29 commentsTo rename database it is very common to use for SQL Server 2000 user : EXEC https://www.askiven.com/sql-server-2005-error-5030.html sp_renameDB 'oldDB','newDB' sp_renameDB syntax will be deprecated in the future version of SQL Server. It is supported in error 5030 SQL Server 2005 for backwards compatibility only. It is recommended to use ALTER DATABASE MODIFY NAME instead. New syntax of ALTER DATABASE MODIFY NAME is simple as well./* Create Test Database */
CREATE DATABASE Test
GO
/* Rename the Database Test to NewTest */
ALTER DATABASE Test MODIFY NAME = NewTest
GO
/* Cleanup NewTest Database
Do not run following command if you want to use the database.
It is dropped here for sample database clean up. */
DROP DATABASE NewTest
GO
Reference : Pinal Dave (http://blog.SQLAuthority.com), BOL Tags: SQL Scripts, SQL Stored Procedure2Related Articles SQL SERVER - dbForge Object Search for SQL Server February 2, 2016Pinal Dave SQL SERVER - Network Servers List is Empty in SQL Server Management Studio July 23, 2016Pinal Dave SQLAuthority News - SQL Blog SQLAuthority.com Comment by Mr. Ben Forta July 11, 2007Pinal Dave 29 comments. Leave new pinaldave July 13, 2007 8:32 amYes this will drop it.This is sample example. Not the real time scenario. In real world, you do not need to drop the new database.Regards, Pinal Dave http://blog.SQLAuthority.com)Reply pinaldave July 13, 2007 8:34 amChris L,I have updated my post based on your question. Thanks for sugges

... Msg 5030, Level 16, State 12 ... Microsoft SQL Server 2005 ... - read more You might have seen "The database could not be exclusively locked to perform the operation. (Microsoft ... perform the operation. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 5030) ... - read more Tweet Please vote if the answer you were given helped you or not, thats the best way to improve our algorithm. You can also submit an answer or search documents about sql server 2005 error 5030. Share your answer: sql server 2005 error 5030? sql server 2005 error 5030 resources SQL SERVER - 2005 - Journey to SQL Authority with...Jul 12, 2007 · I am getting the same error as Eric: Msg 5030, Level 16, ... Is anything like database alias exists there in SQL Server 2005? i.e. a feature similar to ... MS SQL Server 2005: Fatal error 823 - Server FaultMS SQL Server 2005: Fatal error 823. ... An 823 message is what I call a 'hard I/O error'. SQL Server asks the OS to read a ... SQL Server 2005 error related to SQL ... Error message when you try to install a SQL Server...Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 ... Error 5030 | Michael J. Swart(Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 5030) ... Or when using sp_renamedb from a query window, you might see this similar error: Msg 5030, Level 16, State 2, ... SQL Server Error Messages - technet.microsoft.comSQL Server 2005 Books Online SQL Server Error Messages. ... is the primary source of information on error messages for SQL Server 2005 and improves the customer ... Download Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition...Download the Express Edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2005. SQL Server Express is a powerful and reliable data management ... Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express ... Microsoft SQL Server Error 5030 – Coskun SunaliMicrosoft SQL Server Error 5030. by Coskun Sunali · Thu, 8 Oct 2009. So, if you are trying to ... 18 Nov, 2005. Microsoft SQL Server Error 5030. 8 Oct, 2009. Overview of Error Handling in SQL Server 2005 -...Overview of Error Handling in SQL Server 2005. ... Let's have a look at how we can implement both @@Error and Try-Catch block to handle the error in SQL Server 2005. View More Resources How to: Install SQL Server 2005 (Setup) -...Dec 04, 2005 · The Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Installation Wizard is ... If you are upgrading a previous SQL Server version to SQL Server 2005, ... On the Error Reporting ... Forcefully Rename a SQL Ser

Related content

canon error 5030

Canon Error p tech Search Tags Builds Cases Cooling CPUs Graphics Laptops Memory Monitors Motherboards more Peripherals PSUs Storage VR ForumComputer Peripherals Canon MG Error Code WiFi Dec AM HiThanks for reading I relatedl have a Canon PIXMA MG which has stopped booting up and canon mg error shows Error Code I am unable to find this code listed anywhere most error codes seem canon mg error code to be AlphaNumeric I would appreciate if someone could offer me some help I can access service mode and using the service software can do canon c toner nozzle checks and test

error 5030 sql

Error Sql table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Sql Server Error Rename Database a li li a href Microsoft Sql Server Error Collation a li li a href The Database Could Not Be Exclusively Locked To Perform The Operation Dbcc Checkdb a li li a href Alter Database Failed The Default Collation Of Database a li ul td tr tbody table p here for a quick overview of the site Help Center Detailed answers to any questions you might have Meta Discuss relatedl the workings and policies of this site About

error 5030 sql server 2005

Error Sql Server table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Sql Server Error Rename Database a li li a href Sqlserver a li li a href Error Sql Server a li li a href The Object Is Dependent On Database Collation a li ul td tr tbody table p HomeLibraryLearnDownloadsTroubleshootingCommunityForums Ask a question Quick access Forums home Browse forums users FAQ Search relatedl related threads Remove From My Forums Answered p h id Sql Server Error Rename Database p by Error the database could not be exclusively locked to microsoft sql server

error 5030

Error table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Sql Server Error Rename Database a li li a href Canon Mg Error a li li a href Microsoft Sql Server Error Collation a li ul td tr tbody table p HomeLibraryLearnDownloadsTroubleshootingCommunityForums Ask a question Quick access Forums home Browse forums users FAQ Search related threads Remove From My Forums Answered by Error the database could not be relatedl exclusively locked to perform the operation in sql server sql error SQL Server Transact-SQL Question Sign in to vote I am sql server error trying

error 5030 ms sql

Error Ms Sql table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Sql Server Error Rename Database a li li a href The Database Could Not Be Exclusively Locked To Perform The Operation Error a li li a href Error Sql Server a li li a href The Object Is Dependent On Database Collation a li ul td tr tbody table p here for a quick overview of the site Help Center Detailed answers to any questions you might have Meta relatedl Discuss the workings and policies of this site About Us microsoft sql

microsoft sql error 5030

Microsoft Sql Error table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Microsoft Sql Server Error Collation a li li a href Error Sql Server a li li a href Unable To Rename Database In Sql Server a li li a href Create A Database Snapshot transact-sql a li ul td tr tbody table p HomeLibraryLearnDownloadsTroubleshootingCommunityForums Ask a question Quick access Forums home Browse forums users FAQ Search related threads Remove From My Forums Answered by relatedl Error the database could not be exclusively locked p h id Microsoft Sql Server Error Collation p

ms sql error 5030

Ms Sql Error table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href The Default Collation Of Database Cannot Be Set To Sql latin general cp ci as a li li a href Unable To Rename Database In Sql Server a li ul td tr tbody table p here for a quick overview of the site Help Center Detailed answers to relatedl any questions you might have Meta Discuss the workings microsoft sql server error collation and policies of this site About Us Learn more about Stack Overflow the database could not be exclusively locked

mssqlserver error 5030

Mssqlserver Error table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href The Object Is Dependent On Database Collation a li li a href Alter Database Failed The Default Collation Of Database a li li a href Create A Database Snapshot transact-sql a li ul td tr tbody table p here for a quick overview of the site Help Center Detailed answers to any questions you might have Meta Discuss the workings and policies relatedl of this site About Us Learn more about Stack Overflow microsoft sql server error collation the company Business Learn more