Home > error 00161 > 00161 error

00161 Error

Contents

index » Classic ThinkPad Hardware » ThinkPad Legacy Hardware All times are UTC-05:00 Thinkpad 770 - Error Codes 00161 & 00163 Moderators: Moderator group, Admin group Post new topic error 00173 Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] Print view Previous error 00301 topic | Next topic Author Message intouble Post subject: Thinkpad 770 - Error Codes 00161 & 00163PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:41 error 00192 pm Offline Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 1:25 pm Posts: 4 Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, UK HiI have a Thinkpad 770 ( 9548-31U ). When I put it away it was working.Today I powered it up and

Error 00163

it came up with the error codes 00161 and 00163 which I understood indicated a flat CMOS / BIOS battery.I replaced the battery with a brand new one, but was unable to access the Easy Start Up menu by holding the F1 key down when the laptop was booting.Every time I tried it, it simply went to the error page listing 00161 and 00163.Am I doing something wrong or is the system error 00161 ibm laptop / mother board faulty ?Many thanks to anyone who can offer any help. Top Profile Reply with quote BillMorrow Post subject: Re: Thinkpad 770 - Error Codes 00161 & 00163PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:00 pm Offline *Senior* Admin Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:40 pm Posts: 7094 Location: ThinkPadLand it has been years BUT have you tried hitting the esc key first, so as to bypass the error codes..? _________________Bill Morrow, kept by parrots & cockatoosSysop - forum.thinkpads.com*She was not what you would call refined,She was not what you would call unrefined,She was the type of person who kept a parrot.~~~Mark Twain~~~ Top Profile Reply with quote intouble Post subject: Re: Thinkpad 770 - Error Codes 00161 & 00163PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:06 pm Offline Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 1:25 pm Posts: 4 Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, UK Hi I just tried that, but it did not help ?Is there anything else to try - I appreciate that it is an old machine. Top Profile Reply with quote rkawakami Post subject: Re: Thinkpad 770 - Error Codes 00161 & 00163PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:59 pm Offline Admin Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:26 am Posts: 9942 Location: San Jose, CA 95120 USA Welcome to thinkpads.com!If you re

View All Converged infrastructure Linux servers Microsoft Windows Server in the data center Server hardware Data center ops View All Business concerns Data center disaster recovery Data center jobs, professional development Compliance and governance Data center 08611 error facilities View All Data center servers View All Converged infrastructure Mainframes

Error 00161 Thinkpad

Linux servers Microsoft Windows Server in the data center Server hardware Networks and storage View All Converged infrastructure

Thinkpad 600e Error 161 163

(CI) Enterprise data storage strategies Networking hardware Data center networks Storage hardware in the data center Data center systems management View All Monitoring tools Cloud and the data http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=104199 center Data center hosting Data center automation Data center capacity planning Configuration and DevOps Emerging IT workload types Virtualization Topics Archive View All Application performance management Blade servers Data center backup power and power distribution Data center cooling Data center design and construction Data center energy efficiency Data center hosted services Data Center Issues in the Channel Data http://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/answer/Solve-the-startup-error-00161-and-00163-with-IBM-TP600 center networking Data center physical security and fire suppression Data center storage Data center systems concerns for value-added resellers (VARs) iSeries - data center IT Compliance: SOX and HIPAA in the data center IT Governance: ITIL, ITSM, COBIT Mainframe jobs Mainframe Linux, IBM System z Mainframe migration projects Mainframe operating systems and management Mainframe security and disaster recovery Managing data center outsourcing services, vendors Microsoft Windows Server Network cabling Network management strategies for the data center Server hardware packaging, recycling, e-waste Storage Virtualization Server management for Windows administrators Server virtualization tips and trends Storage management in the data center Systems management for virtual servers Unix servers Please select a category Data center ops Data center facilities Data center servers Networks and storage Data center systems management Section Problem Solve News Get Started Evaluate Manage Problem Solve Sponsored Communities Q Solve the startup error 00161 and 00163 with IBM TP600? bySearchDataCenter.com Staff Error 00161 on an IBM TP600 may be due to a faulty CMOS battery, and 00163 may relate to your versi

161 and 163 on my thinkpat 2635. I havent opened it for years and now need to retrieve some documents asap. HELP!! I reset the time and date and then in trys to restart, but then takes me back to the same place.\015 Answers : Had http://www.electronic-servicing.com/ibm_thinkpad_380ed/q156446-00161_00163_errors same problems changed small battery under cover near normal battery solved problems cr1220 Repair Help & Product http://tech.firstpost.com/watch-videos/ibm-thinkpad-600e-error-00161-00163-how-to-access-the-bios-_XsacGQI6BlU.html Troubleshooting for IBM ThinkPad 380ED Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus. Tips for a great answer: - Provide details, support with references or personal experience . - If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box . - It's 100% free, no registration required. Suggested Questions/Answers : Error my laptop keeps telling me there is an error 00161 00163 everytime i turn it on it error 00161 will make me do the date and time and then it will take me to a screen that say error 00161 , 00163 can you help me please I do not think you fixed the CMOS battery - (backup battery = CMOS battery) \015\012According to the error codes, you have a dead backup battery and the time is not set. Makes sense? \015\012161(Dead battery.) 1. Go to Checking the Backup Batte ... IBM ThinkPad 380ED Ibm thinkpad On start up I get error codes 00161 and 00163 I error 00161 ibm hit enter and get time and date screen enter again to add info and I get error codes 00161 00301 and 00163 and can go no further. HELP The 161 CMOS error means the CMOS/BIOS battery is dead/flat and needs to be replaced.\015\012The 163 CMOS error means the Date and Time could not be updated when you change the Date and Time setting. This is caused by the flat CMOS/BIOS battery ... IBM PC Laptops Errors 00161 00163 on type 2635 on ibm thinkpad When my Think Pad starts up it shows Error codes 00161 and 00163 ... IBM PC Laptops Hello, I have an IMB thinkpad 600E 2645. Previously, i was getting error 00161 & 00163 this was resolved. then i received error 173 & 163 which was resolved as well. It appeared that a piece fro mthe bottom of the laptop was not monted correctly. Next i receive an error stating Disk I/O error so i tried to install windows 98. inserted CD and i get the error message stating that it cannot read or write on the cd or soemthing like that. If i load it without the windows cd i get an error message There probably is a problem with ur O.S.this is the reason y ur system is not bootin up.try installing O.S from a different C.D.U can use the same serial number as long as you are using the correct installation C.D.u can also go for a diffrerent O.S ... PC Desktops IRe: IBM 600E Hi, sorry I was out last night.Errors 00161/00163/00173 mean yo

from power is turn on. latest All Episodes Tech Guru Knockouts Mobile Phone Reviews Chak De Photo Gionee S6 Pro unboxing moto e3 power #TechTalk: Breaking down iOS 10 Samsung Z2 First Look Gionee S6 Pro unboxing moto e3 power #TechTalk: Breaking down iOS 10 Samsung Z2 First Look Subscribe to our newsletter GO You are Now Subscribed to our Newsletter - Stay Tuned ! FOLLOW US ON Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus. LAPTOP Reviews Rating : 7.5 / 10 Acer Aspire S13 review: This might just be the best Windows-based Ultrabook in its price range Rating : 7 / 10 Asus ROG G551VW review: An excellent balance of price and performance Rating : 5.5 / 10 iBall Compbook Excelance review: Cheap and built to match Rating : 6.5 / 10 Asus EeeBook X205TA review: For students on a budget; but low storage and no USB 3.0 port are downers #Snapdeal Oct 2, 2016 Snapdeal claims that its Unbox Diwali sale saw smartphones sold at the rate of 200 per minute #Big Billion Day Sale Oct 2, 2016 Flipkart's payment gateway goes down on the first day of their Big Billion Day Sale, hilarity ensues #Telecom auction Oct 2, 2016 India's largest ever telecoms airwaves auction sees $8.04 billion worth of bids #Google anti-trust Oct 2, 2016 EU antitrust regulators order Google to cease anti-competitive practices with Android, large fine expected #e-commerce Oct 1, 2016 Amazon and Flipkart offer festive season deals to online shoppers SMARTPHONE Reviews Rating : 7 / 10 Honor 5C review: A well-balanced device that lacks any defining quality Rating : 8 / 10 Yu Yureka Review: Micromax delivers a good, affordable 4G-enabled phablet; Should Xiaomi worry? Rating : 7 / 10 Review: Oppo N1 mini offers decent build quality and performance, but overpriced at Rs 26,990 Rating : 9.5 / 10 Asus Zenfone 5 review: A worthy mid-range smartphone contender T & C Policy Contact Us Copyright © 2016 Tech2.com

Related content

00161 and error

And Error table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Error a li li a href Error a li li a href Error a li li a href Thinkpad e Error a li ul td tr tbody table p series error codes and ESRepair SubscribeSubscribedUnsubscribe K Loading Loading Working Add to Want to watch this again later relatedl Sign in to add this video to a p h id Error p playlist Sign in Share More Report Need to report the video Sign error in to report inappropriate content Sign in Transcript Statistics

error 00161

Error table id toc tbody tr td div id toctitle Contents div ul li a href Error a li li a href Error a li li a href Error a li ul td tr tbody table p Du siehst YouTube auf Deutsch Du kannst diese Einstellung unten ndern Learn more You're viewing YouTube in German You can change this preference below Schlie en Ja relatedl ich m chte sie behalten R ckg ngig machen Schlie en Dieses error Video ist nicht verf gbar WiedergabelisteWarteschlangeWiedergabelisteWarteschlange Alle entfernenBeenden Wird geladen Wiedergabeliste Warteschlange count total error ThinkPad series error codes and ESRepair AbonnierenAbonniertAbo